Frequently Asked Questions
About Our Sacramento Language Therapy Services
This page includes answers to some of the most common questions we receive from prospective applicants to our Sacramento language therapy center. We trust the information here will be helpful for you as you gather information. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Sacramento Scottish Rite Childhood Language Center to speak with our staff!
What do I do if I suspect my child has a speech or language problem?
Contact our Center and discuss your concerns to see if your child requires an initial screening, evaluation and/or therapy.
What is the application process for enrollment?
- Contact the Language Center to discuss your concerns.
- Complete and submit all necessary paperwork.
- Your child's file will be reviewed and determination of need for further assessment will be made.
- If assessment is required, your child's name will be placed on a waiting list for evaluation.
- If assessment is not required, your child's name will be placed on the waiting list for therapy.
How does my child qualify for therapy at your Center?
If my child qualifies how often can he/she be seen?
Can my child be seen immediately or do you have a waiting list?
How much do services cost?
How can I help as a parent?
What is your scheduling policy?
- School-aged children (1st grade and up) will be scheduled for afternoon appointments between 1:00 and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Pre-school, Kindergarten and Homeschooled children may be scheduled for morning appointments between 9am and 12pm, Monday through Friday.
- Evaluations are generally offered mornings, between 9am and 12pm, Monday through Friday.
- Three appointment times will be offered. If none of the three appointment offerings are accepted, no further services will be offered.